Hinge-Base Composite Tuff-Poles
Durable and easy to service and maintain, with a Shakespeare Tuff Pole® hinged-base light pole you don't need bucket trucks, lifts, or even a ladder to re-lamp. Just pull the pin and tilt the pole over to a comfortable level.
Download the Shakespeare Hinge Base Pole Ordering Matrix
- Reduces maintenance expense and improves safety as work may be completed without a lifting device
- Custom-engineered to meet load requirements
- Triple UV protection and rust-proof for long life in tough environments
- Lightweight, high-strength fiberglass-reinforced composite pole construction
- Other hinged pole applications include security cameras, emergency sirens, sound systems, and seasonal signage
The standard offering is a direct burial composite Tuff-Pole with a heavy-duty aluminum hinge fitting bonded into the pole at ground level. The poles tilt on a stainless steel hinge pin and the hinge bolt's head is recessed into the casting for vandal resistance.
Designed with security in mind, a captive 0.5-inch pentagon-head stainless steel bolt clamps the pole in its upright position, and a galvanized padlock tab lets you further secure the installation against tampering. A base cover is supplied as standard, for a clean, sleek look.