New PermaShield protective powder coatings
Shakespeare is pleased to introduce PermaShield™ protective powder coatings, which are specially formulated to provide superior all-weather performance in the most demanding environments.
A sophisticated, custom-engineered application process results in a remarkably durable coating
that is applied on Shakespeare pultruded fiberglass-reinforced composite products.
Now available on these Shakespeare products
- Utility pole crossarms and braceless alley arms
- Utility pole crossbraces and H-frame products
- SafeFence™ barrier fencing
- Square light poles
- Sports light pole crossarms
- Custom-shaped pultruded products
- Specialty applications
- PermaShield™ powder-coat finish is specially formulated for fiber-reinforced composite products
- Superior performance coating is well suited for high-traffic and other tough environments
- Excellent UV-protection shields the product from the sun’s rays for a long service life
- Meets tough South Florida weathering specifications, as per the AAMA 625-10 standard
- Thick coating yields superior scratch resistance compared to liquid coatings
- Outstanding resistance to humidity, chalk, gloss loss, abrasions, and chemicals
- Environmentally friendly with negligible amounts of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) released into the air, and reclaimable materials
- Visually appealing coatings look great in urban, suburban, or rural locations
- Excellent color retention
- Available in a variety of standard colors, or specify RAL colors and textures
Download the PermaShield Protecitive Coatings Product Sheet.
About PermaShield powder coatings
The powder-coat transfer process during application is nearly twice that of high-solids liquid
paint, resulting in a greater film thickness that yields a super-durable finish. Further, compared to liquid coatings, the powder-coating thermosetting process offers superior scratch-resistant protection against mechanical damage in high-traffic areas.
The PermaShield powder-coat formulation meets or exceeds the AAMA 625-10 standard. Samples have been subjected to ASTM G154 weathering tests using UVA lamps and they exhibit virtually no changes since testing was initiated (the samples tested are now approaching 10,000 hours).
PermaShield coatings provide excellent color and gloss retention. The thermosetting properties and inherent toughness make powder-coat surfaces less susceptible to the accumulation of dirt and mildew growth as compared to liquid coatings.
Powder coating is eco-friendly. Since powder coating requires no solvents, the process produces almost no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and the application does not create harmful fumes or contribute to air pollution. Further, no toxic by-products are generated during the powder-coating application process.
Contact Shakespeare to learn more about the PermaShield powder-coating process.